Date of Birth: January, 1963
Final Degree: PhD in history
Specialty: Archaeology from the Han to Tang dynasties
Current Position: vice professor, Institute of Archaeology , CASS
Education and Positions Held
BA in literature (Sep. 1981-July 1985, Xinjiang University, Modern Uighur Language)
Faculty Member (July 1985-Aug. 1991, Xinjiang University, teaching modern Uighur, old Turkic, ancient Uighur, and Central Asian history)
Visiting Student (Sep. 1987-Jan. 1989, Department of Western Languages, Beijing University, German)
MA in literature (Sep. 1991-July 1994, History Department and Department of Oriental Languages, Sanskrit)
PhD in history (Sep. 1994-July 1997, Archaeology Department, Graduate School at CASS, archaeology from the Han to Tang dynasties)
Foreign Languages ：German (fluent)；English and Japanese (reading ability); modern Uighur and Kazakh (fluent); Sanskrit, Old Turkic, and ancient Uighur
Trainings：linguistics, central Asian history, Chinese history, and archaeology
Research Interests：Inner Asian Archaeology
1. ‘Lun sishou tu he sishou yinyuan bensheng gushi de laiyuan ji liuchuan (On the origin and dissemination of “Picture of the Four Animals and Avadana of the Four Animals),’ Yuanxue 5, 1996, Beijing University Publishing House.
2. ‘Tang xizhou goutong zhoubina diqu de jiaotong luxian (Transportation network around the Xizhou Prefecture of the Tang dynasty),’ Bianjiang shidi yanjiu, 1997 (4).
3. Tulufan tangdai jiaotong luxian de kaocha yu yanjiu (Investigation and Study on the transportation Network of Turfan at Tang Times), Qingdao: Qingdao Press, 1999.
4. Zoujin xibu de tanxianjia: sitanyin (Arurel Stein: An Adventurer to West China), Beijing: minzu meishu sheying chubanshe, 2002.
5. Youyou tuoling: sichou zhilu luxian yu wenhua zongshu (A Comprehensive Introduction to the Cultures along the Silk Road), Chengdu: Sichuan People Press, 2003.
6. Xinjiang tancha shi (A History of Investigations in Xinjiang), Nanning: Guangxi Normal University Press, Forthcoming.
Another several decades articles were published in various academic journals
1999: Xiyu kaogu tuji (From Aurel Stein, Serindia), five volums, Guanxi shifan daxue chubanshe.
2004: Yazhou fudi kaogu tuji (From Aurel Stein, Detailed Report of Explorations in Central Asia, Kan-su, and Eastern Iran), four volumes, Guangxi shifan daxue chubanshe.
2004: Shamai Qidan feixu kaoguji (From Aurel Stein, Ruins of Desert Cathay), two volumes, Chunfeng wenyi chubanshe.
In press: Gudai Hetian (From Aurel Stein, Ancient Khotan), two volums，
Bronze Culture research on the Liushui Cemetery at the Kunlun Mountain